.. 310 miles
Full support all the way...
signed route, rest stops, free food, mechanics, medics, massage, vehicles
Newcastle to London 24
Central London - 315 miles due south and just 24 hours! It's over the Tyne past the Angel of the North and on to the Yorkshire Hills. Through York down to the Humber - then historic Lincoln and the welcome flat lands of the East beyond.
The sun dips - night time arrives as we pass sleepy villages and speed through quiet countryside. Dawn breaks - the Capital's skyline is soon in sight - as the finish approaches the clock seems to stand still - 24 hours?
We've now teamed up with Macmillan Cancer Support - so your ride could also make a real difference and help others. You can achieve a lot in one day - join us on Ride 24.
The 315 mile route is split into 7 stages of approx 40/50 miles - with covered Rest Stops at the end of each leg to take on food & drink supplied by our specialist catering team - and to sort any repairs to bike & body!
- Non-stop - day & night. 24 hr 'target' time
- 'Front Peleton' ~21 hour target pace
- Saturday start - 9.00am, 10.30am & midday
- Fully supported - all the way
- Signed with pink arrows & glow sticks
- Optional bike transport to Newcastle for Start
- Optional coach transfer back to Newcastle
- Some will do it in ~26/27 hours - that's fine!
- A great finish & welcome in Central London
START: Newcastle - Sat 20 Aug
FINISH: Smithfields Market, London - 21 Aug, 24 hrs or so later!
MILES: 315 - 7 stages - Rest Stops en route
TOTAL CLIMB: 7750 ft - some flat sections
RIDERS: up to 750 intrepid adventurers
2015 RESULTS: 46% of field made it in < 24 hrs and 85% in < 26 hrs
We have 6 years experience of successful 24 hour rides – and know the ingredients to get you across the finish line on target. You’ll need your bike, helmet, some fuel in those legs & lots of spirit - we’ll bring the support -
- Rest stops every 40/50 miles
- Free snacks, gels & drinks
- Food supplied at all Rest Stops
- Hot lunch & dinner
- Plenty of toilets at all Stops!
- A celebratory brunch at the finish
- Pace riders & support guides
- Full support teams - mechanics
- Medics + massage
- Day bag transfers to selected Rest Stop
- Rest buses - if you need to sit out
- Back-up vehicles
- Bike transport for retirees
- Timing chips, route maps, GPX files
- Live timing website
- Training advice + dedicated team
- Public liability insurance cover
To speak to our team - call 0207 609 6695, or email firstname.lastname@example.org